Today the medical industry, as much as any other, is getting more and more automated. We are recently observing various federal government initiatives across many countries, aimed at the introduction of the standardized and digitized healthcare platform that should be used by any healthcare institution acting on the market. For example, the eHealth project in Switzerland implies the implementation of the Electronic Record of the patient as early as in 2020. The Federal Electronic Patient Record (EPD), which came into force last April, gives hospitals a three-year time limit to get equipped. Considering these evolving conditions, there should not be many doubts left for healthcare organizations to adopt an EHR / EMR system for their operation. However, it’s not always clear where to start and what are the differences between different types of solutions offered.
Indeed, why spending hours on routine paperwork that will always remain a thankless labor as document will never stop getting lost, damaged or confused? It goes without saying that with paper document repository it will never be easy to find the information you need quickly. And any attempt to transfer important patient information in this disparate environment inevitably jeopardizes medical data security, patient privacy and quality of patient care.
It is no exaggeration to say that any medical care institution would like to have a powerful tool that reduces the hassle of maintaining and organizing patient notes, makes all databases more convenient to use and easier to find, while offering seamless billing integration and the ability to take a great part of workload off their doctors. And this is exactly what a custom EMR / EHR system can do for your healthcare business. Although the concepts of EHR, EMR and PM solutions are closely connected, they are not exactly the same thing. A considerable confusion often occurs when operating these terms, so it seems reasonable to puzzle it all out first.
There are several types of medical software all aimed at automation of healthcare management processes, or at least a specific part of it: Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Practice Management (PM) systems. Being three different types of product, they have one thing in common – the reason of their increasing popularity lies in unlimited benefits that they have to offer for a medical care organization of any kind.
- According to the definitions provided by HIMSS (Health Information and Management Systems Society), an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is an application environment composed of clinical data repository, controlled medical vocabulary, order entry, pharmacy and clinical documentation applications. EMR is created in a care delivering organization (CDO) and used by a healthcare practitioner to manage healthcare delivery. EMRs are the sources of medical data for EHRs.
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) is a longitudinal electronic record of patient health information generated by one or more encounters in any CDO. EHR is a subset of each CDO’s EMR, it allows to easily share medical information among stakeholders – CDOs, insurance carriers, patients, government.
- Practice Management (PM) system is a medical software application used to manage the physician business operations including scheduling appointments, claim management and accounting.
In other words, EMR, EHR and PM solutions allow practitioners and experts focus on what they do best and reduce the amount of their paperwork and routine operations. These medical software systems provide both CDOs and patients with a number of tangible benefits like:
- Introduced standards for terminology, forms and data input result in enhanced coordination between the stakeholders
- Being web-based Spritecs EHR, EMR and PM solutions provide easy updates, unlimited space for data storage and secure access from any location and computer
- Well-structured and optimized management of computerized healthcare information helps avoid numerous medical errors, reduce the time spent on work with patient records to the minimum and provide an opportunity for easy and effective storage of high quality information
- High level of security ensures ultimate safety of patient data
- Systems’ flexibility and interoperability empower practice workflow and collaboration between the practitioners and experts
- With web-based EHR, EMR and PM systems there is no need to install and maintain any complex hardware or hire a dedicated IT specialist what results in lower healthcare delivery costs
At Spritecs we develop and implement all the above mentioned solutions according to the specific needs of each customer. Spritecs custom-designed Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Electronic Health Record (EHR), Practice Management (PM) systems are created to automate and streamline the workflow in healthcare centers and clinics. Empowered with our deep understanding of the industry specific needs and regulations, medical software systems created by Spritecs professionals cope with these tasks masterfully.
Our robust and productive medical software solutions are built on the basis of on-going industry investigation and best practices empowered with technology excellence. Spritecs functionally rich EHR, EMR and PM solutions are designed for experts by experts. They provide the users with next level opportunities for workflow optimization and increased profitability:
- Document management
- Functionally rich scheduler and calendar
- Customizable dashboard
- Full-scale quality and status reporting
- Highly secured access
- Voice recognition
- Mobile accessibility
- Billing and accounting
- Claim management
- Convenient messaging
- Patient portal
All these brilliant features, as well as many others per demand, can be built into your medical software systems (EHR, EMR and PM) to automate your business processes, decrease the amount of meaningless paperwork and improve customer satisfaction level.